Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My first update on how my 30 Day Good Deed Challenge is going...


On Sunday is when I started my Good Deeds. 

Sunday, I gave someone a compliment. Since my family was having a BBQ, I thought this would be the "quickest" option and most convenient to start with. I picked my little sister Brittany, in which I told her that I liked her hair that day. I could have probably been more creative, however, she didn't believe me anyway and thought I was lying...so. :)

Monday, I left money in a drink vending machine at work. I wanted to do this "secretly" so no one would know it was me. I went on break, got a water, and then put extra money in there for the next person. I sat up in the breakroom like a stalker, waiting for someone to come in, and of course, no one did. I was scared someone would not see the money in there, so I left a post-it on the machine saying "Have a drink on me," so I hope whoever ended up with it was happy.

Tuesday, I had to bring my library books back since they were due, so I put a dollar bill in there with a note. The note said "This time you won't stop believing" because it was a quote from the book (Fly Away by Kristin Hannah BTW-go read it, it's SO GOOD) and I thought it was kind of appropriate. 

Today, I picked make someone smile. My students are currently doing a "10 day" countdown at school and today was Bubble Day. They were able to go outside in the afternoon and blow bubbles plus I brought some bubble gum in for them to have as well. I have to say, I am glad I picked my students because even though I am ready for summer, their smiles are going to be very missed. Teaching is so rewarding.

So far, this good deed challenge has been good and bad. Good because I really enjoy this. Bad because I have found that although I do not want credit for my "good deeds," I want to know who is receiving them. I guess I'm just gonna have to go into full stalker mode now. 

Until next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment