Monday, May 20, 2013

A 30 Day Good Deed Challenge.



“There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.”


As I was thinking of some kind of “great” blog to write, perhaps to inspire some out there, I have decided that what I can give the most will be done by giving back. I searched for a “30 Day Good Deed Challenge” and am going to stick to it. I have picked out 30 deeds I believe I can conquer and by doing so, make the world a little bit of a better place, even if for 30 days.

Here is my list of Good Deeds I have chosen:

1)      Post notes on mirrors like "You look beautiful today!" to encourage positive self image.
2)      Leave your extra change in a vending machine for someone else to use.
3)      Be a kind driver. Let someone merge in front of you during rush hour. Always use your blinker.
4)      Make somebody smile.
5)      Inspire others by being kind, or maybe sharing an inspirational video/quote/book.
6)      Anonymously grant a wish on someone's Amazon wishlist wedding registry.
7)      Cut coupons and leave them by the appropriate items in a grocery store for others to use.
8)      Pay it forward by offering to pay the bill for the person in line behind you at the drive in, or at the tolls on a highway.
9)      Go a day without complaining.
10)  Watch less television.
11)  Pick up a piece of trash you find on the ground and dispose of it properly.
12)  Leave a note or a dollar in a library book for somebody else.
13)  Meatless Mondays.
14)  Send someone an encouraging old fashioned letter praising them for what they mean to you and what good they do in this world.
15)  Donate to a charity of your choosing.
16)  Give someone a compliment.
17)  In the office, at the bank, on an elevator or a train, hold the door open for someone else.
18)  Address your server or waiter by name and leave a generous tip.
19)  Tape popcorn to Redbox for Movie night.
20)  Push up Grocery Carts at a store.
21)  Do something to help Mom.
22)  Leave a book you have already finished somewhere for someone else to read.
23)  Open the phone book, pick a name, and send them something (movie tickets, thank you card, you are appreciated card, book, etc.) anonymously.
24)  Offer to babysit.
25)  Purchase a canned or dry good to give to a local food bank.
26)  Spend extra time playing with your pet
27)  Forgive someone.
28)  Make dinner for someone you care about.
29)  Buy or make a present for your co-workers.
30)  On Day 30, remind others of what good they can do.


So, I will begin my Challenge next week. I will update as I see fit on doing so because I know there will be no way I can update everyday. I am really excited about doing this and hope that I get as much out of it as some others do!

No comments:

Post a Comment